The applicant will be covering the activities of firmware and software programming of the Sinergy Flow redox flow battery system, fundamental for its optimal operation and integration with renewables.
The ideal candidate has a deep knowledge of software, firmware, and control hardware development, and will tackle all the aspects related to the design of a battery management systems (BMS).
What you’ll do
The candidate will be responsible for the development of the battery management system (BMS) of the Sinergy Flow redox flow battery. The goal is the development of the software that will control and manage the battery in the most efficient way.
- Establishment of the BMS control software that includes security, functional safety, memory protection, and performance
- Determination of the operating mechanisms of the battery and the parameters to be monitored during all the use and non-use phases
- Identification, assisted by the hardware engineering department, of the sensors and tools to measure the required parameters both for the optimal operation and the safety of the battery system
- Design and development of the control software based on specific system requirements
- Design, develop, write, test and debug battery system control software and firmware
- Build the hardware part (embedded board) and test it first in a test bench and then in the real battery system
- Develop & maintain documentation for electrical & software test setups
- Draft procedures, reports, and technical documentation in general
What you’ll bring
- Strong coding skills (i.e. C/C++)
- Experience in coding to interface with hardware systems
- Knowledge of device control and communication protocols
- Experience with embedded systems
- Develop PLC solutions for auxiliary system operation/coordination and communication interfaces
- Knowledge of hardware, firmware, and software development for data acquisition
We would love to see:
- Direct experience of Battery Management System (BMS) firmware programming
- Experience with hardware virtualization
- Previous professional experience with activities similar to the expected duties
- A strong propensity for teamwork
- Ability to adapt and prioritize
- Autonomy in the decision-making process
- Aptitude to seek innovative solutions
- Positive attitude and appetite for learning
- Ambition to become a technical leader in our company
- High reliability, flexibility, and availability
As an early startup with enormous growth potential, we are not looking for a simple employee. We are now hiring tomorrow’s “Head of”. For this reason, we need ambitious and passionate people who appreciate the company’s values and are ready to reinvent the grid with us.
English: at least B2 level, preference for C1 level or higher
BSc or MSc in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or Computer Science. Other degrees may be valued if there is demonstrable professional experience testifying to the achievement of the requirements.
What we offer
A young and dynamic working environment where you will be highly engaged in the success of the startup. Working with us is a unique opportunity for both personal and professional growth.
Our operational headquarter is based in Rho (Mi) – Italy, well connected to the city of Milan and the hinterland via multiple public transportations (M1 metro line, urban and suburban train and railway lines) and easy to reach also by car (multiple highways and freeways connected).
The contract details will change according to the candidate’s experiences and background. The compensation/benefits will be discussed during the interview.
If you are interested, submit your candidacy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, indicate the job position in the object
NOTE: the job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of information. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.