The applicant will deal with the design and study of the electrolyte fluid dynamics inside the redox flow battery stack. CFD simulations will be coupled with experimental battery testing, resulting in an efficient iterative process to control and optimize the electrolytes flows within the battery.
The profile searched has in-depth knowledge of finite element physical modeling (fluid dynamics, mechanics, etc.), and will be responsible for the design and development of the cell parts and battery stack of Sinergy Flow.
What you’ll do
In detail, the candidate will be responsible for the CAD design of the multiple components that are part of redox flow battery stacks. The electrolyte flow will be computationally simulated to improve battery performances. In addition, the applicant will support the rest of the team in building and assembling the battery prototypes.
- Battery stack development: research, design and evaluation of mechanical systems and processes utilizing engineering principles
- Fluid dynamic simulation
- Simulation and modeling of pressure, mechanical, thermal stresses, electrochemical processes, etc.
- Design battery components based on simulation results and subsequent implementation in the prototype cell/stack
- Design and procedures for battery stack assembly
- Utilize 3‐D CAD system to prepare detailed drawings and compute load capacities, dimensions, material usage and Bills of Materials (BOMs)
- Draft procedures, reports and technical documentation in general
What you’ll bring
- 2+ years of experience in design & modeling engineering
- Proven proficiency in 2‐D & 3‐D CAD systems (e.g., AutoCAD, SolidWorks) for design, documentation, and fabrication
- Deep knowledge of physics and finite element physical modeling (e.g., COMSOL, ANSYS, or other similar softwares)
- Experience with thermodynamics, fluid flow and structural analysis
We would love to see:
- Experience in flow battery, fuel cell technologies or power generation systems
- Previous professional experience with activities similar to the expected duties
- A strong propensity for teamwork
- Ability to adapt and prioritize
- Autonomy in the decision-making process
- Aptitude to seek innovative solutions
- Positive attitude and appetite for learning
- Ambition to become a technical leader in our company
- High reliability, flexibility, and availability
As an early startup with enormous growth potential, we are not looking for a simple employee. We are now hiring tomorrow’s “Head of”. For this reason, we need ambitious and passionate people who appreciate the company’s values and are ready to reinvent the grid with us.
English: at least B2 level, preference for C1 level or higher
MSc. or PhD in Engineering (e.g. Mechanical, Aerospace, etc.). Other degrees may be valued if there is demonstrable professional experience testifying to the achievement of the requirements.
What we offer
A young and dynamic working environment where you will be highly engaged in the success of the startup. Working with us is a unique opportunity for both personal and professional growth.
Our operational headquarter is based in Rho (Mi) – Italy, well connected to the city of Milan and the hinterland via multiple public transportations (M1 metro line, urban and suburban train and railway lines) and easy to reach also by car (multiple highways and freeways connected).
The contract details will change according to the candidate’s experiences and background. The compensation/benefits will be discussed during the interview.
If you are interested, submit your candidacy to email@example.com
Please, indicate the position in the object
NOTE: the job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of information. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.